Re: Machining

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

>With all the hard alloy tools, safety glasses are NOT optional!!  They can
>all shatter very violently!!
>
>Cheers,
>
>          Terry

Indeed one can walk with a prosthetic leg, but it is rather impossible to
see through a glass eye.  :o

I would like to add that I've purchased at least two sets of "cheap bits"
from Menards or Home Depot that had horribly-sharpened bits.  In the most
egregious case the cutting edge was BACKWARDs (as in it cut better in
reverse)!  I informed the person at the service desk when I returned them
that blind monkeys could have sharpened the bits better; she didn't see the
humor.

That was some very good info, Terry!  Thanks!

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group