Re: Ebay Pole Pigs

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>

This is kind of unrelated, but thanks for confirming this for me guys. I
know some people who think that a transformer without shunts will draw
infinite current(assuming the windings dont have resistance). I could
never
find documentation on this though. I suppose it has to do with the
coupling
of the windings."

	The current will be limited by the resistance of the primary in series
with the reflected resistance of the secondary in series with the
residual leakage reactance.  By no means infinite but large enough to
fry things.

Ed