Re: Machining

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

You have to watch out for the TiN coated bits also.  At EAA in Oshkosh, I
got a set of TiN drill bits made by MIT Tools for $25, and all were ground
wrong.  They skate all over the place, even when center punched.  Should
have bought the $100 set!  I do a lot of exotic tool/material shoping there.
One dealer had 3/8" and 1" canvas phenolic at $120-150 per 3'x3' sheet. (he
forgot to bring them last year)  Also in abundance are carbide cutter bits
in many different styles.  Most are good condition, but some may have small
chips and are useable for drill press machining.  Anyone in the Wisconsin
area will find this a good tool shoping adventure, and might meet myself or
Dr. R there.  Plus the airshow starts at 3pm.

David E Weiss