Re: MY SSTC WORKS!!!!! dead again

Original poster: "Arpit Thomas" <arpit-at-inzo-dot-org>

I've heard of people using inductive ballasts to vary coil power. THats
certainly what I plan to do with my first coil. I understand that one
method is to take a microwave oven transformer, and look for the weld
between the e shape laminations and the I shape laminations. grind the
welds on both sides off with an angle grinder and then hit where the welds
were on both sides with a large chisel and hammer- i use a stoning chisel
and a 2 pound stoning hammer. the transformer will break apart nicely :)
then you can add spacers between the halves, and shorting the secondary
vary the thickness of the spacers. I've never tried this so I have no idea
if it works; maybe another member could verify this or tell me i'm an idiot
as appropriate :)