Re: Coil Schematics

Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation" <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

Good choice.  However, I would strongly recommend also looking at the 4kV
mini-tesla coil made by
Steve Ward and also the 4kV minicoil which was made by Gary Laus.  Take a
look at all three coils and borrow the best
from all three worlds.

Steve Ward's Coil :  www.hot-streamer-dot-com  (then click on his individual
page)

Gary Lau's Coil :  www.laushaus-dot-com    (then click on minicoil)

To answer your question regarding toploads.  I used the maximum top load
that still allowed streamers to break-out without using
a break-out point.  I found that the smaller topload i used, the smaller my
output arcs were.

Dan