Re: Large IGBT need help

Original poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 4/13/2004 8:20:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
The gate charge varies with voltage.  Go look at the datasheet and calculate
the gate capacitance.
Use the equation C = Q/V where C = capacitance [farads]
                      Q = charge [coulombs]
                      V = potential [volts]

Regards - Jim Mitchell

haha, who really goes by coulombs except for physicists...???
I will take another look at the sheet...I think that 30volts was the max on
the gates, so i will try to go with that...

I iwll need to use discreets since the driver chips cant go over like
15volts...

Matt