Re: Flyback Driver PCBs

Original poster: Kreso Bukvic <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>

Now for me to spit somthing. I had gotten from small cheap commercial plasma
globe flyback ~ 17 cm flaming arc. I was just keeping this for me but il
give the word out. I was driving this flyback from PC SMPS so i thinked why
we all use  LV output of this small transformer? So i connected my flyback
primary to primary of the transformer i gues there was arround 300 VDC. The
flyback gaved 5 - 6 cm arcs now. After some head scratching i realised that
SMPS transformer eated alot of power so i remowed it. After turrning on i
realised thet the flyback is giving small arcs to air (like Tesla coil).
Trying to pul an arc i realised it can make ~ 17 cm flaming arcs. I was
impressed . So i tried to connect big DC flyback there and tried to pull a
spark at point of ~8 cm the corona appeared but as soon the spark created
the mosfets blew i think that wasn ot problem a wire hanged and shorted the
output. I never tried this experiment later ( need to build a sstc.)

I know all will call me a layer and wont bolive me, but try it im NOT lying

The picture of the flyback can be seen here
http://www.allthingstesla-dot-com/viewthread.php?tid=766&page=#pid6060

BTW the SMPS was AT 200 W

Best Regards

Kreso Bukvic