Re: bad pole xmfrs

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 4/10/04 7:46:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>

On pig over loading, heres something to keep in mind, the 37.5 KVA pig I am
feed of off serves 4 houses. 200 amp service to each houses equals 192 KVA.
Is it just me, or does that seem a little weird?

---Eric

Hi Eric,
The transformer rating is for a constant load factor. The secret lies in
the coincident online loads. This is the sum of all the devices actively
drawing power at any one instant. For most residential use, this averages
20-25% of max. If the air conditioners, clothes driers, water heaters,
ranges, were all synchronized, you might see a transformer failure.

Matt D.