Re: 19.9 kV 10KVA pole pig

Original poster: DRIEBEN-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com

Hi Adam,

I would be inclined to concur with you on that. However, I
don't think the transformer rebuilder would have wanted to
build a 19.9 kV pig with  14.4 kV bushings, even if I had
specifically requested for it to be built like that, due to
liability issues. I'm sure the electrical codes are quite
stringent on the construction of utility distribution trans-
formers and if they didn't follow those guidelines in buildiing
one and something bad happened, then they'd be fully liable.
Besides, the vast majority of their customers are electrical utility
companies who WILL be operating the transformers outdoors ;^)

BTW, the salesman was fully aware of my intended "use" for the
transformer and was still completely "cool" about it ;^) He
even mentioned a local man named David Shaw that had purchased
a couple of transformers from them for Tesla coil building
purposes. Mr. Shaw had shown him (the salesman) his Tesla coil
setup last Halloween and the salesman thought that it was to-
tally cool! I have a good buyer realtionship with these guys
and I would rather keep it that way. I don't want for this
transformer supplier to become another T&R! For that reason,
I'm not going to disclose there name and address on this
list. Sorry, but I will only give that info to people that
I personally know and trust. It's ashamed that it has to
be that way, isn't it ;^(

Finally, is there a David Shaw on this list in "lurk" mode
that resides in or near the Greenwood, MS area? I don't re-
call ever seeing that name on this list but anyone who is
purchasing more than one pole pig for coiling is obviously
seriously into it ;^|

David Rieben