Re: Capacitor destructive testing?

Hi Eric,

Your test to distruction only test the voltage capability of the cap.  The
real problem will occur when you subject to caps to the current flows
resulting from a bang.  I don't believe these will come close to taking the
peak and rms currents that result from sparkgap firing.  Try one string of
these 470pf caps in parallel to a good MMC and I think you will see what I
mean (protect yourself from flying debris just in case).

Gerry R

 > Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>
 >
 > whats the proper way to do this?
 >
 > I did some here, which provided results which seemed reasonable:

<http://www.hydrogen18-dot-com/articles/ebay_caps1/>http://www.hydrogen18-dot-com/ar
ticles/ebay_caps1/