Re: TV vs Hair Dryer ?

You might try adding some "hash" chokes to your system.  In addition to
standard line filters and varisters, we also use hash chokes.

In the HV power supply, which should be physically separate from the
oscillator base, install a pair of hash chokes.  Each choke is #16 or #14
AWG THHN wire wound on a 2 inch ID PVC water tube approx 14 inches long.
30-50 turns.  Fill the tube with cut up 1/4 inch dia. steel rod and silicone
or expoxy each end shut.  Make up a small plastic "saddle" to mount these in
with wire ties to lash them down to the saddles.

Also, be sure to filter your power leads to the RSG.  Some people forget to
do this and only filter the HV xmfr leads.  The RSG can also pick up RF and
feed it back into the power line.  I use the 12 Amp RFC chokes sold by
Digi-Key or Mouser.  They are wirewound and have a special HF core.  Add
varisters on the line side before the RFC.  Add a standard 10 Amp line
filter in here as well.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.