Re: high voltage probes

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

This sounds like a good idea.  I do have a 50's vintage tube scope that I
view as expendable.  I realize that "ground" is not really at ground
potential in a Marx.  I suppose I could make two and connect them to A and
B to make a poor-man's differential probe....  No, I do not have a UPS nor
access to one that is viewed as expendable.

Calibration is an issue, since I would rather like to figure out how a 32kV
rectifier was overvolted when only 20kV should have been across it.  We've
also lost two capacitors to what looks like overvoltage despite never
getting above about 65% of their voltage rating (22kV).

Would a resistor divider with some 10Meg 1/4W resistors (I have plenty)
work in place of the HV probe?

Thanks for the replies so far!

Mark Broker