From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 7:46 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Foil wound pancake secondaries.

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

all,

At the scrap yard, I came across a nice roll of 2 thou. thick 1 inch
wide copper strip,(0.05mm*25mm) and so a nice foil wound pancake
secondary would be possible to make.
I imagine that oil impregnated paper from cash registers would do as
insulation. Even with 2thou thick insulation it is possible to make a
1000 turns coil that is only 8 inches (200mm)in diametre.
Drive it from the H.bridge and get some interesting results.

I`m not sure I understand this right, but I imagine that the turn to
turn capacitance will be much greater in a coil like this, if so, how
will it affect the performance of the coil.

Cheers, Finn Hammer