Re: Streamer simulation

( was modeling and simulation)

Hi Jim and Antonio,

This discussion on streamers and propagation reminds me of fractal images.
I'm wondering if fractal modeling could reduce the randomnous and complexity
of the streamer model and perhaps more easily allow predictions of streamer
propagation and the effect on the topload and its ability to sustain the
propagation.  Such a model would emulate the random structure of a streamer
but would actually be a simple model that is repeated (in a fractal sorta
way) to the desired resolution.  Some of the following behaviors would
certainly not be modeled but sufficient simularity to real streamer growth
may be possible.  Perhaps a crazy idea but a thought at least.

Gerry R
Ft Collins, CO