glyptal/ Dolph's sources?

Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

Hey all,

I am in the process of building a big coil and was thinking about trying
the glyptal instead of the urethane to coat my 12" x 49" secondary coil
once the winding is complete. Can you obtain glyptal from motor/ trans-
former repair shops and if so how much per quart/gallon does this stuff
normally cost? I have had excellent results in the past using plain
clear poly spar varnish to coat my secondaries and if glyptal is too
expensive, I will probably just go with the spar varnish again, since
I will need a decent quantity to coat this monster secondary:^)

Thanks,
David Rieben