Re: Dielectric constant table

Hi,

At 10:25 AM 9/19/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Terry F: I know you think you are correct, but just to keep the board
>correct. I use mmc capacitors and poly oil capacitors. Oil capacitors are
>messy and large but the deliver much more current per pulse than dose the
>mmc capacitors. Yes my commercial high power pulse capacitors do supply even
>higher current but 250 pounds each  in a bank of 3 is not very
>transportable.

Do your commercial pulsed caps perform better than an equal value MMC
cap?  Commercial pulse caps will have high peak current ability and
slightly lower ESR, but that should be far far below what can be detected
in a Tesla coil's performance.  If your commercial caps actually perform
better, we should find out what is causing the difference.

>So please don't say no one makes their own oil filled
>capacitors.

Ok, very few people still make oil filled caps ;-))  It would be very
surprising if the oil filled caps are performing better...

Cheers,

         Terry