Dielectric constant table

Original poster: The MCP <ejkeever-at-comcast-dot-net>

I'm wondering how long it's been since the dielectric tables present on many
tesla coil sites have been updated.

I'm also wondering about some of the values on them. For example, the table
says that Mylar is good for 7.5Kv *per mil*. However, one of my early
attempts at a cap using 10 mils of mylar failed at 5000V rms. Something is
wrong.

Also, a suggested addition... the giant table at
http://www.asiinstr-dot-com/dc1.html says that hydrogenated castor oil has a K of
about 10 at 80* F.

Speaking of which - Anyone ever considered novel materials to build a
capacitor? For example, Iodine? Iron oxide? Copper oxide?