VTTC

Original poster: herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de

Hallo list,

As I am planning on building another VTTC, I would like to ask the
more experienced members, whether the following statements are true
in general:

1. Triodes have a lower internal/dynamic plate resistance than
tetrodes and are used in power applications mostly therefore.

2. The plate voltage of tetrodes must never become lower than the
screen voltage. If this happens, the screen grid takes an increasing
part of the plate current and gets overloaded. This is true for "beam
power tetrodes" as well.

Any comments and hints are very welcome.

Regards,

Herwig