Re: Fwd: Re: Calculating streamer breakout of top-loads

Hi Gerry and Ed,

The complex streamer impedance looks like this:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/smallar/Image155.jpg

:-))))  This is sort of a "young science".  "I" never really revisited this
matter and the equipment needed to do such testing was "rare".  So, no one
else has ever looked at it either...  But now-a-days (five plus years
latter..), perhaps others can also study such things as:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/smallar/smallar4.html

The early wild simplifications like 220K +1pF/foot no longer seem to keep
everyone satisfied :oD  Looks like you are all figuring out that there is
more to it ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry