Re: Fwd: Re: Calculating streamer breakout of top-loads

There are certainly a lot of variables as you state below.  If spark length
prediction is going to be based on power only,  I would think that using
sparkgap throughput power would at least be closer to reality.  Simulation
results that I have seen in the archieves that Richie Burnett has done for
static spark gaps sheds some light on this but is certainly not the total
answer.  Terry Fritz has a good web page that talks about matching the
output impedance of the secondary to the streamer impedance that maybe sheds
light on some of the points you bring up.

Gerry R
Ft Collins, CO