Re: New SSTC Topology ready for release . . . up to 30MHz operation (tested successfully)

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

 > I'm just about completed my new SSTC technology and will be putting it on
my
 > new and revamped website at:
 >
 > Using standard IRF460 type FETs, I have successfully created a 300VDC
switch
 > capable of switching at up to 30MHz at 500+ Watts output.
 > I will be testing with SSTC resonantor this weekend and will be posting
all
 > results and schematics this weekend as well.
 >
 > This is exciting as audio modulated SSTCs must past the 3MHz operating
 > frequency mark to reduce background hiss of the corona discharge.
 > This design uses no gate transformers, but the gate drive circuitry is
 > rather beefy and sophisticated.
 >
 > This also will allow us to build very small and compact SSTC coils capable
 > of high quality audio modulation.  Also, the fact it uses standard package
 > FETs (IRF460 etc...),
 > is a major plus.  The new PlasmaSonic boards being released this fall will
 > utilize this new switching topology.
 >
 > http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com
 >

 > The Captain
 >
 > Hi Captain
 >
 > I've found no new electric topology in your web site. When I click on
 > Plasmasonic schematics, appear to me
 > the old gate transformers coupled full bridge configuration.
 >
 > Where I can search?
 >
 > With regards
 >
 > Vladi

I didn't get a chance to post it yet.  I had some radar transmitter
emergencies this weekend and this early week, so i probably won't get to it
until this weekend at the earliest.

dan