Definite Purpose Contactors

Original poster: "Dave Kyle" <dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com>

I am building a general purpose Tesla control panel where I want to use a
master latching relay for applying main power with an emergency cut off
switch which unlatches the relay. Current will not exceed 25 amps at 125
volts AC.

I am very familiar with wiring smaller relays for this function but I have
come across some high power relay nomenclature I am unfamiliar.

I believe what I want is a Definite Purpose Contactor. Can someone
illuminate if this is correct and possibly explain why it is called a
Definite Purpose Contactor?

Dave

Dave Kyle
Austin, TX USA