Re: Calculating streamer breakout of top-loads

Original poster: "Rikard Titus" <rikard_titus-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Calculating streamer breakout of top-loads
>Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:01:46 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
>

>We Terry Fritz's planar antenna connected to a storage scope.  The toroid is
>calibrated at 30 kV first and then the antenna provides a non-loaded pickup
>of the fringe of the electrostatic and electromagnetic fields.
>
>It was a PT operated coil running at 3.6 kVA, 14.4 kV Erms input, with spark
>gap breakdown at a measured 13 kV peak.
>
>Dr. Resonance

Sorry for bothering you again,but two more questions.

1. What can you say about ratio V2:V1 in loseless case for that coil?
Following your data ,reality gives 148/13=11.38

2.How was the coil run in circumstances when it streched discharges up to
nearly 7 feet long:
I am interested in repetition rate (ie breaks per second) and type of gap
used(SRSG,ARSG or simply SG)?

-Rik

_