Re: straight core transformers and chokes

A very good article on a modified induction/Oudin coil in the Scientific
American Book of Projects for the Amateur Scientist.  C.L. Stong   circa
1969.  This produces 75 kV and was used to drive an amateur's X-ray set.
Harry somebody from New Jersey.

You can save a ton of trouble and buy one as Accel SuperCoil from most speed
shops for $30.  Use a 450 VDC 3 MFD cap pulsed into the primary for a nice
hot 50 kV output.  Max output is 60 kV.

Also available online as a CD from the Society of Amateur Scientists.
Approx $35 for the 2 CD set of all published Scientific American Projects
column for the past 35 years.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.