RE: New Paper - How I Build my Tesla Coils

Original poster: "Dave Kyle" <dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com>

Hi Dan,

I enjoyed reading your write up. I sure it will be appreciated by anyone
entertaining building a coil. I know it would have been a great help to me
when I started.

The one question I had was your recommendation to use a 60 Hertz resonant
primary cap. Given the potential over voltage issues running at 60 Hertz
resonance with an NST would it not be better to suggest an LTR value? I
understand your reluctance in trying to explain the LTR concept; I confess I
am not able to do it justice myself. But I should think the LTR safety
factor in the event the safety or main gaps are poorly adjusted would make
recommending an LTR primary cap value especially desirable for a beginner.

Dave

Dave Kyle
Austin, TX USA
Email: dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com