Re: Instrumental TC tuning

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/29/03 9:12:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Chris,

I would suggest using 1.0" to 1.5" diameter copper pipe sections cut to
about 2" or 3" in length.  Cut three of these using a tubing cutter which
will bevel the ends inward.  Deburr the ends.  Mount them parallel to each
other with each of the two gaps being .030" to .050".  At that low power
level, you may or may not need a fan, wouldn't hurt anyway.  You will
probably get several opinions, but that is what I would do.  For the 4 kv
20 ma contest, I used one gap set at about .050"

Ed Sonderman