RE: will my mmc blow up?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Yes, that is correct.  I just use a single string of (12) 0.33uF, 2kV
capacitors.  I've run this at up to 3.5kW
with zero problems.  The only time these capacitors ever fail is when
the coil is severely out of tune.  Otherwise,
they hold up just fine.

I use an ARSG type rotary spark gap for the PT unit and a SRSG type
rotary gap using a 15kV/60mA NST.

Dan