Re: Series-ing Potential Transformers

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 01:31 PM 14/10/03 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
 >
 >I plan on series connecting two 14.4kV (1.5kVA) potential transformers
 >for an output voltage o 28.8kV.
 >The series pair will run off 240VAC and the midpoint of the outputs will
 >be grounded.
 >
 >http://users.snip-dot-net/~liche/pt01.jpg
 >
 >I currently don't see any reason this will not work, but if anyone has
 >any experience otherwise with these things,
 >let me know.
 >
 >Thanks
 >Dan

Hi Dan, Coilers,

It should work just fine, provided you get the phasing of the
two transformers correct.  One other thing you could do just
to ensure a proper balance between the two transformers is
to connect the common primary leads to power neutral, which
will virtually apply the rated 120 Volts to each primary.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle