RE: Salvage Yards around Philadelphia area ? ? ?

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Dan,

There is a salvage outfit just about 30 miles east of Philly in New Jersey.
Close to Glassboro, NJ.  The name is Fazio's.  It's a pretty amazing place.
Open to the public and you can wander around for hours there.  I have
bought some HV lightening arrestors there and other HV "supplies".  I have
seen a couple of transformers there.  I cannot tell you exactly how to get
there as I've only gone over there with my brother-in-law and his truck
when we visit my in-laws in Philly.
I would call first.

RWW

 > As my high voltage tastes increase, so does the dollar value of items I
 > require.
 > Anyways, I'm looking to possibly search some salvage yards in search of
some
 > potential transformers, but haven't the first clue on how to even find
them.
 > Seems all salvage yards listed in the phone book and on the internet are
 > automotive yards.
 > The only local salvage yard I keep hearing about is the one in Richmond,
VA,
 > but thats a 4 hour drive.
 >
 > Any help appreciated.
 > Thanks