Measuring ring down

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

What is the best way to measure the ring down of my air blast gap?

I have a digital and an analogue CRO and a 2500v probe.

The NST is rated at 11kV.

Assuming I can come up with a suitably rated 100x resistive divider, where
is the best place to measure - across the gap, across the cap, or across
half the NST?

Is there an easier way than using a resistive divider? Because for 50kV -
absolute worst case, plus a big safety margin, (I like my cro) - it would
have to be rated for 25W (if RL=100M).

I'm not interested in absolute measurements I just want to see how many
notches are conducted.

Thanks,

Tom L.

PS: I don't seem to be able to get to www.pupman-dot-com to search the archives
(10060 - Connection timed out), is the server down?