Re: eddy current with secondary coil

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "chris swinson" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>

 > Is there a program which will calculate secondary coils with space windings
 > ? and maybe even further do the math to work out various resistance and
 > current effects of litz wire also ?

It's not a great problem to calculate inductances, withing the limits
of what can be measured. My program can deal with space windings
without problems. The evaluation of resistive losses, as Terry points
out, is much more complicated. As far as I know, the research for
closed, exact within certain reasonable assumptions, expressions
for resistances that depend on the frequency stopped
with straight wires and coaxial cables. A coil introduces significant
complexities, and it is maybe better treated numerically. And even
in this way the simulations are very complex. This problem existed
when all coils were as our coils for Tesla coils, and exists again
in the realm of microelectronics, where integrated circuits operating
at GHz frequencies have microscopic inductors that suffer from the
same problems.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz