Re: Does anyone recognize this problem?

Try a scrap wire primary to find your new tuning point.  It may take more
turns than you have available on your copper tubing primary.  Just use an
alligator clip on some 12 AWG and extend it out to approx 25 turns -- hold
it in place with pieces of scrap cardboard with slots cut into them.  Hot
glue the wire on as you go around.

Excessive strikes to the primary can damage the caps.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913