New To the List

Original poster: "Peter Reid" <peter-at-reidconsulting-dot-com.au>

Hello Everyone.

My name is Peter and I have recently joined this list. I have read lots of
the articles and have found them very useful; I thought it was about time
that I finally sent a message out. I have been playing around with tesla
coils for about 2 years; however it wasn't until 3 months ago that I
finally had some decent success, in-fact enough to convince me to build a
bigger coil. I am currently building a new 9" coil that I hope to run at
10kVa.  I've started setting up a web-page, so if anyone is interested in
having a look at what I've done so far check out
<http://tesla.reidconsulting-dot-com.au/>http://tesla.reidconsulting-dot-com.au. I
am currently in the process of making a SRSG.

Has anyone out there managed to get a coil around 9" to handle 10kVa
without the secondary burning up?? I will be powering this coil from a
6-Stack MOT which could be used for power levels at up to 15-16kVa. (This
is what the Jacobs Ladder Sucks). Anyone got any ideas what sort of output
spark length I should be able to get from this system.  Any Comment / Tips
would be much appreciated.

Regards

Peter Reid.