Re: SCIENCE FAIR BOTTLE CAPACITOR ECPERIMENT HELP!!!

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

The Geek Group Bucket Cap will be a bit too large for your coil but should
scale nicely for you.  4 to 6 bottles should be enough for a small coil
like yours.

http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/projects/bucketcap

Testing different capacitors is a good project.  You could test a bottle
cap, a home-made cap (rolled poly), and an MMC to test for differences in
spark length and quality.

A TCBOR gap is much more difficult to build for a first gap than you
need.  Simply two carriage bolts with adjustable spacing is ample for a
small coil.  It's also simple and inexpensive.  Let your imagination work
for you; don't be constrained to the "tried, true, and popular" styles.

Good luck!

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group