Re:

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Chris,

Are you sure you want to run a 200nF cap size? That's on the huge side for
a 4.5" coil. Have you looked at the number of turns required on the primary
when using a cap of this size? Also, the cap energy is going to be way up
there for a coil this size. I run between 20nF and 80nF on my 10KVA pig.
David Rieben runs 85nF on his. These are just a couple higher powered coils
for reference. BTW, these are roughly 13" diameter coils. What made you
consider a 200nF cap? Was it the transformer output current?

Take care,
Bart