No Subject

Original poster: "Chris the great" <downnessisgoingup-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I have done some work on my coil since I have last posted, and I have found
my problem.  I think my tank cap is WAY to small for my MOT power source,
which will soon be a 4 MOT stack.  I have calculated (from
http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/tccalc.html) that my tank capacitor
should be 200nF at 8kV, 650mA, not 13nF.
I would like to make sure that this is indeed a good tank cap size, so I
don't go and make a huge poly capacitor for nothing (actually 3 in
parallel).  Or would another type of capacitor be easier to transport/make,
or cheaper, or better?

Needless to say I will need a very large topload, I was thinking about a 40
inch toroid on top of a 24 inch toroid, for a total secondary capacitance
of 77.6pF, with an inductance of 19.6mH.
My primary inductance will be very small, however I have found that a lower
primary inductance produces brighter sparks that are slighly longer.  I
will have 2 series static sucker gaps, until I can get a rotary gap.  More
on my coil here
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/chris/4inchcoil.html

Are these good values for my 4.5 inch coil?  I expect a major increase in
performace over my 12 inches of spark so far, but will they be around
optimum values?

Thanks!
Chris