Re: Magnifer vs. Tesla Coil

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 05:08 PM 11/11/03 -0700, you wrote:

 > Original poster: "Paul Marshall" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>
 >
 >I would like to know the advantage of a Magnifer vs. a Tesla Coil.
 >I would like to build a magnifer as my next project.

Hi Paul, Coilers,

A magnifier IS a Tesla coil, just a different version than the
classic two coil ones that most of us have.  I'm currently in
the process of building my first magnifier after having lots
of fun (and learning a lot) from the "regular type" TC.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle