Re: MOT doubler

Original poster: "Chris the great" <downnessisgoingup-at-hotmail-dot-com>

What was the variac set at when the caps blew?  I know that these probably
won't take much over voltage (I have fried one before, and I only have
played around with them a few times.).
I have blown a cap just from putting the electrodes in water, so perhaps
they are built to fail after a certain time so you buy more microwaves (I
wouldn't doupt it nowadays!).

          Chris Rempel