Re: Magi initial design

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Dr. R.,

Hope I'm not replying too late, my phone lines died (the whole block = hope
it wasn't me <grin>). But, back up and running again.

Anyway, yes. One of Fantc's tools is to find the effective series
capacitance of the resonator at resonance. Thus, this is also built into
Javatc. Any object in the vicinity of the secondary which is close enough
to affect the resonator capacitance certainly will. The common items are
topload objects, the primary, a strike ring, ground, ceiling, and walls.
Each plays a part and some a larger part than others. Paul did a fantastic
job at writing code to compute the affect of these common items on the
secondary.

Prior to Ces (or Les) calculations, computations for the charge
distribution are first run (VI profiles) then Ces and Les are found from
the charge distribution. The topload reduction we have all used in the past
has been experience. But, experience only accounts for coils of similar
geometry, topload, and even where the measurements are taken. Go off that
beaten path, and things change. When Paul devised a method to compute the
effects of these objects, all of a sudden we had a tool which could find
the topload (and other objects) affects with a variety of geometry's. It
takes  away the guess work. Now, it cannot account for every little object
in the garage, but it does take on the objects which are common to all of us.

Take care,
Bart