RE: Grounding Question

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

See comments below.

 > Original poster: "John H. Couture"
 > <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>
 >

 > Adam -
 >
 > There are still some changes you should make.
 >
 > Coil 13 -
 >
 > The transformer enclosure will have a ground lug
 > that should be connected to
 > ground. Some transformers will have a separate
 > terminal for the shield
 > between the windings as you show but this is not
 > considered the enclosure
 > ground point.

That's my connection to number 3. I'm pretty sure my
pig ground lug connects the case to the transformer
core, as I've indicated.

 > There should be a short connection between point 10
 > and 11 and RF ground.
 > Keep in mind that this is part of the secondary
 > circuit and connects two
 > plates of a capacitor together, topload and ground
 > and should be as short as
 > possible.
 >
 > Coil 14 -
 >
 > Again the transformer enclosure will have a ground
 > lug that should be
 > connected to ground. If there is no enclosure the
 > frame should be grounded.

My PT doesn't have a ground lug. That, plus the fact
that it's 120 volts, is why I'm asking.

 > Coil 15 -
 >
 > This is definitely a NEC violation

My whole garage is an NEC violation!

 > because the
 > transformer  enclosure or
 > frame is not connected to the electric service
 > ground. A separate ground
 > wire from the transformer to the service ground is
 > mandatory. Use the Coil
 > 14 diagram plus the enclosure ground.
 >
 > Note that the above is not for NST's or other
 > transformers that have the
 > secondary winding grounded at the center.
 >
 > John Couture

Thanks
Adam

_