Re: strength of vacuum

Original poster: John <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

  How many people do you think got more
  than the recommended dose of rads in the last year while
experimenting with standard vacuum light bulbs?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz"

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "RIAA/MPAA's Worst Nightmare"
 >
 > I was thinking of encasing my big HV stuff/tesla coil in vacuum as opposed
 > to oil (heavy in 15+ gallon quanities).

High voltage + high vacuum = X-rays instead of anything visible.
Even vacuum capacitors must be used with care, because excessive
voltage leads to X-ray generation.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz