Re: Potential difference vs. spark length vs. break rate

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 5/22/03 7:50:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Someone needs to write a new spark length formula that takes the BPS into
>account too, but I think we need more data points from more coils before
>that can be achieved. I'm thinking something like
>Length=A*log(BPS+B)*sqrt(energy)
>
>Steve C.

Steve,

I've already written a spark length formula that takes bps into account,
but it's very rough, and only suitable over a certain breakrate range.
It's in the archives I think.
Your equation proposal may be better, and I agree that more data is
needed.

John