Re: Dual 833A Success!!! and some problems . . .

Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh / KB3EWY by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

Dan,

It could be the magnetic field from your primary that's
heating the core of the MOT.  I had something similar to this
with my VTTC.  I had used a metal mounting bracket to attatch
the PVC secondary to the base.  After a longish run, smoke
started to come out of the secondary.  Turns out the field
from the primary heated up the metal bracket and in turn
melted and started to burn the PVC.  Just a suggestion.
Andy C.
Ham Call: KB3EWY
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/kb3ewy
http://207.172.49.48