Re: Self-resonant 555 astable conversion?

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 17:20 20/05/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>
>
>I have re-posted  the circuit diagram as "555 sr astable.jpg" on the
>hot-streamer-dot-com/temp to reduce the file size.
>
>With regard to the phasing issue, I am wondering if a capacitor, connected
>across the secondary of the current transformer, would compensate for the 90
>degree phase lag between primary and secondary currents  in the same that
>the capacitor does in K.C's feedback scheme.

I managed to download it ok that time. I can't see why it wouldn't work. (I
assume the 1k/1n network sets the frequency in astable mode?) And I suppose
using a cap for phase compensation would work too. Putting a variable
resistor in series (or in parallel) with the cap might give adjustable
phase shift. You'll just have to try it out and see!

Steve C.