Re: 12 MV 100 years ago

Original poster: "D&M's High Voltage by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <DMsHV.DavMcKin-at-verizon-dot-net>

List,

Does anyone know where one can obtain, or have a copy, of these photographs?

 >There are unpublished photograps
 > showing 38' footers breaking out from 3' sphere in
 > that position.

One thing about that time period that would add credibility to their reports
is there would have been a very low noise floor (very little "noise
pollution") at the time (especially at night).  Also, people in general
during that time would probably have had more sensitive hearing, especially
to "odd sounds" (i.e. not tune things out).  Thus, I think it would have
been very probable that people could have heard the discharge from 25 miles
away.

 > Perhaps 25 kilometers+ discharge echo from his station
 > (heard by many people at one night) isn't a fairy tale
 > after all.
 >
 > cheers,
 > Boris

David L. McKinnon