Re: Spark Gap VI Scope Capture

Hi Jim,

I tuned in the inductor to less inductance to get higher currents:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-01.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-02.CSV

Still have the dip in the average voltage level here at ~125 amps too.

Sure seems odd that the voltage would have this offset and I see that it
did not return to zero in this faster time frame...  Hmmmm...

I pulled out the "fabulous" Jennings vacuum capacitor divider HV probe and
go this:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-03.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-04.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-05.CSV

A ton of odd noise now (not sure what is "true"...)  But look how straight
the average voltage level is!!!

So I pulled out the Terry's plane wave antenna and pointed it the the probe
top:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-06.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-06.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-08.CSV

Still NOT seeing that average voltage dip...

I note you mention that "maybe the voltage probe system is a bit
overcompensated".  Hey... I "wonder" how the probe compensation could
possibly be "off" :o)))

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-09.jpg

I sure hope "R4" does not need any adjustment ;-)))

Cheers,

         Terry