Re: VERY HIGH BPS at 6kw! 240 V into the 120 V

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

>  > All I can say is that I ran the system like this over 10 occasions last
>>  season, and the runs were anywhere from 30 seconds to over 5 minutes at a
>>  time, and the transformer was still ice cold. The ballast early in the
>>  season was set to 25 amps, and later in the season, I ran a new circuit and
>>  increased the current to 35.
>>
>>  cya,
>>  Gregory
>
>Ballasting the primary is *not* the same thing as slamming 240V on
>the primary of a 120V transformer.
>
>Malcolm

Of course I realize this too. I was just relating my experience with
overvolting a pole transformer. I also wanted to report that an overdriven
xfmr may not burn out or blow circuit boxes off of walls, etc. if attention
is paid to keeping the current draw under control.

Regards.
Gregory

--
"Without ZIM, I am lost."