Re: acrylic cement

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 5/13/03 11:26:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>If you wish to make this solvent yourself it's 80% methylene chloride and
>20% acetone.  Also used to cement together fireworks shells.
>
>Dr. Resonance
>
>Resonance Research Corporation
>E11870 Shadylane Rd.
>Baraboo   WI   53913

Hi Dr. Resonance, all,

One thing everyone should remeber when dealing with methyl
chloride is that this stuff is pretty highly toxic. As a professional
firefighter, I recognize this name as a bad hazardous material that
requires extensive de-tox if exposed to, even in seemingly insig-
nificant quantities. I'm sure rubber gloves, eye shields and extensive
ventillation are required to safely work with methyl chloride.

Safety first,
David Rieben