Re: Plants? + Tesla Coils

Original poster: "Harvey Norris by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz
 > <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>
 >
 > Nolan
 > My mom used to raise house plants, mostly African
 > Violets, which are somewhat
 > picky about their environment to grow sucessfully.
 > She gave me on that had
 > been
 > transplanted, but had not recovered, and looked as
 > if she might lose it.  I
 > watered
 > lightly and placed next to my TC (Big TC from
 > Popular Electronics mid
 > 60's).  Ran
 > unit for about a minute with plant within 6 feet of
 > TC.  Next day was vibrantly
 > green and recovered magnificently.  Nitrous oxides
 > and direct transpiration
 > through
 > leaves fertilized the hel.. out of the plant, and
 > with e-field stimulus the
 > plant took
 > off like crazy.
 >
 > In a very similar experiment, with my younger son in
 > mid-school, planted
 > two identical
 > tomato plants, one we did nothing, other ran a
 > electric grid over plant
 > using a 5mA, 6kV
 > DC PS out of a copier.  Plant with e-field treatment
 > was significantly
 > bigger (25-30%)
 > then non treated plant, same controls (sunlight,
 > water, plant food etc.)
 > Lots of experimental work has been performed about
 > effects of e-fields to
 > plant growth...
 >
 > Regards
 > Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
 > Chesterfield, VA. USA

  In March I made a high voltage pepper seed
Germination experiment, using two teaspoon samples for
each, where 1/2 hours influence per day for 7 days was
recorded. The germination rates for the electrified
samples vs control were much higher, where pepper
seeds are one of the more difficult seeds to get to
sprout, but all these seeds used for the experiment
were from a batch of seeds of sweet Cherry, saved from
last years garden, so the entire batch was from the
same fertile source.
      The point of the experiment was to simply
verify what others have written concerning high
voltage and high frequency, that it can be beneficial
to plant life.  Actually very little literature seems
to exist on the subject.
      Two references I have noted were obtained from
Lindsays Publications.
1) Electricity in Horticulture & Agriculture
by Prof S Lemstrom  1904
Pg 61 notes that
The principle manner in which electricity,...,
exercizes its influence on growing vegetables has been
discovered to exist partly in producing ozone and
nitric compounds and introducing them into into the
cappillary tubes of plants...

I dont know if non yahoo folks can access these jpeg's

http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/files/MED/Dsc00461.jpg
But the middle electrified N sample had the highest
germination rate, and significant amounts of ozone are
created from the 10,000 AC volts applied to  Sr Fe
magnet. Other literature indicated the a North pole
was beneficial, so I used that side of the magnet
stack.

2) High Frequency Apparatus
Thomas Stanley Curtis, 1916
has a chapter 15 entitled
Plant Culture with High Tension Current,
Chapter 16
High Frequency Plant Culture

Chart showing differences between a Tesla Coil
stimulated plant growth and normal shows a 50%
increase for most crops studied. This included a
buried wire as ground for the coil, and a aerial wire
above the plants.  TC was a moderate model employing
only 130 watts, with 5000 volt input, running an hour
each for morning and sunset.

http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/files/MED/Dsc00449.jpg

Shows the magnet and windings.  Electrified North Seed
sample in wet paper towel was placed on non magnetic
stainless steel plate on top of the magnet: this
consists of one electrode, and the other polarity
electrode consists of connection to a pair of silver
coins used for CS production. A water and glass
barrier exists between the bipolar rises  of resonant
voltage rise. A pair of high induction coils is used
to increase the voltage by 60 hz series resonance to
~24 times what is inputed. Input was by variac to 4
fold step-up transformer, where 100 volts was inputed,
becoming 400 volts through transformer, and an
estimated 4800 volts on each potential, being almost
10,000 volts between potentials as a bipolar resonant
voltage rise.

http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/files/MED/Dsc00451.jpg

Shows where the arc bar sample was placed. The magnet
windings are connected from wire to a small 4 inch
neon, and then an arc gap. After the arc in series, an
aluminum foil connection to a persons body consists of
the end polar capacity connection, as a version of a
Rife/ Lakhovsky treatment. The jpeg shows the persons
finger extended to the interior area of a  bifilar
square coil for scope monitoring. He is emmiting a
high frequency signal that registers a .8 volt rf
decay signal on the sensing inductor.  The volume of
scoped voltage and frequency is dependent on the
inductor used for sensing.  A different inductor
typically will register a much higher voltage and
frequency, this particular inductor has a very low
natural resonant frequency in the 30,000 hz range,
which makes for easy scopings at 10 us/div sweep rate.

Sincerely HDN

=====
Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal Resonances
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/