Re: possible large MMC capacitor...

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Actually, we only looked at a handfull of caps.  At the time (late 1999)
there were only a few manufacturers out there making foil caps that were
known to be good.  CDE was one of them (Robin Copini used a smaller version
on his 10kVAish coil Down Under).  We were unable to get ahold of the Wima
folks, and Panasonic turned down our proposal.  CDE was practically jumping
at the opportunity to help us; and there began our relationship with
CDE.  That the CDE caps have turned out to be exceptionally good was
actually completely serendipitous.

Regards,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group

<snip>

>these caps were probably around when the Geek Group did the MMC
>configuration and
>they probably looked at them and didn't choose them.

<snip>